At Upavon Surgery from 9am to 11am, Monday to Friday
Run by our Nurse Practitioners, they are designed to provide an on-the-day response for concerns which need attending to promptly. This is not a substitute for emergency care that should be provided for at A&E, such as chest pains or strokes.
Whilst walk-in clinics are an effective way of administering care when it’s most needed, these clinics are only intended for certain types of issues. Walk-in clinics should not be used as an alternative to routine, bookable appointments or emergency care.
Here’s a guide for choosing well:
- Chest infections or breathing difficulties
- Ear, nose and throat problems (not eyes – please use the urgent eye service)
- Back, tummy pain or prolonged headaches
- Minor falls, twisted knees or sprains (unless you can’t weight bear, then go to A&E)
- Rashes, bites or stings
- Flare-ups of known conditions
- Suspected urine infections, emergency contraception
If you are in doubt whether walk-in is the right course of action for you, please ask one of our Receptionists who will be happy to help.
Patients who are unable to come to our walk-in clinic will be assisted via a phone call at the earliest possible opportunity (we regret, we are unable to be specific about times). If you need to be seen, you may be asked to attend our ‘sit and wait’ service in the afternoons. We will only call you ONCE unless you are aged under 17, aged over 80 or have an active safeguarding concern then we will try a second time.
Here’s how it works:
- You pop into Upavon Surgery or contact us online or by phone to request medical care
- The Receptionist will ask you to give a brief outline and severity of the problem, how long you have been experiencing symptoms and any other particular concerns relevant to your health. This will enable the team to find the most appropriate appointment for you, such as advising you to attend the walk-in clinic, booking a routine appointment or referring you to the community pharmacy consultation service
In offering a walk-in service, our aim is to provide you good quality medical care that is easy to access, reliable and trustworthy.
To take full advantage of this service there’s a couple of things we recommend you to do:
- Complete a communication declaration to allow us to text and email you
- Sign up for an online account to make appointments 24/7, order medication and view test results without having to telephone us
Should you have any queries regarding this service, please speak to a member of our team.
Booking an Appointment
Cancelling An Appointment
Online Services allow you to Book or Cancel an Appointment, Request a Repeat Prescription, Change Personal Details and View your Medical Records without visiting the Practice.
For more information in regard to registering for online services please click here.